Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday...

We had big plans for my birthday this year --- well, as big as plans are when you are old!  Both Dave and I took the day off work and the plan was to spend it shopping and maybe going out for lunch - not too often that we get to spend time just the two of us!  Dave had a few chores to do around the house so I took Parker to daycare and then ran to Marshalls to see what good deals I could find.  Then went home to pick him up around 10:00.  Our first stop of the day was Ace Hardware to spend a $5 gift certificate they sent for my birthday (I am old and thrifty!).  Just as we were leaving Ace Hardware, daycare called because Parker had a temperature and we needed to pick him up.  So we spent the rest of the day taking care of a sick little boy. 

Parker was snuggly all day and kept saying he wanted to watch football.  Being June there are not a lot of football games on ESPN but luckily I had recorded the Iowa State vs Minnesota bowl game.  So Parker and I sat on the couch and cheered the cyclones to another victory over the golden gophers!

Even with Parker being sick, Dave still got me a very nice birthday present.....a John Deere Riding Lawn Mower.  I know you are thinking the lawn mower is more of a present for Dave than me.  Well, maybe, but I figure the riding lawn mower will allow Dave to mow the lawn faster and conserve energy so he can help me with cleaning the house!!


Random Picture - our next door neighbor bought an Old John Deere and Parker thought it was really cool so we had to get his picture by it.



A birthday is just the first day on the journey around the sun....so lets hope the next 364 days are better than the first!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Kelly!!! Love the John Deere mower :)

    ReplyDelete