Sunday, October 23, 2011

Picture Perfect Family for $1.00

We took advantage of the unseasonably nice weather a couple of weekends ago and took Parker to the Apple Orchard in White Bear Lake.  Apple Orchards and Pumpkin Farms are the biggest racket.  They charge for everything---wagon rides, corn mazes, pony rides, and even pictures!!

It took some major selling on my part to get Dave to agree to pay a complete stranger to take our picture but I was able to sell him on the fact that it is worth paying one dollar since he couldn't even remember the last photo that had all three of us in.  However, after I got him to say "fine, lets get our picture taken"  it took a little more work to make him pay the $1.00 since I left my purse in the car!

But I think the picture turned out good and was worth the $1.00

When Parker was about 6 months old we took him to the same apple orchard and took his picture on a tree stump.  We decided to find the same stump and take another picture of Parker.  Here is the "THEN" and "NOW" picture.
THEN



NOW
Besides being a little bit bigger and having a little more hair he is still the same sweet little boy!!

Since the day was so nice we also went to Mema's house to help rake leaves.  We made a quick stop at Fleet Farm to buy Parker his very own rake.  He loved using the rake for about 10 minutes (which was 5 minutes longer than I expected) before he decided jumping in the leaves is a lot more fun than raking.


No comments:

Post a Comment