Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Parker's 2nd Birthday

Ok - I am a couple weeks late uploading pictures from Parker's second birthday party.  We actually had a beautiful spring day for the party. Dave grilled hamburgers and the grown-ups sat on the deck while the kids played in the backyard.  It was nice to sit outside but it made us realize that we probably need to invest in patio furniture. 

I originally wanted to do an airplane themed party since Parker seems to get excited every time he sees a plane fly over the house.  Which is frequent from about 4:00 to 6:00 every night since our house is in the afternoon landing flight path.  But I wasn't able to find decorations or a cake that supported the airplane theme so I went the easy route with Elmo (which he also loves). I know we have never watched Sesame Street with him but Elmo is on his diaper so whenever he needs a new diaper he yells "Elmo"

This picture is just to show off the cute (and preppy) outfit I bought prior to giving up on the airplane theme.  Maybe next year.... 

Here is Parker and my younger sister Brooke with his cupcake.  I couldn't get him to look at the camera ~  he wasn't going to take his eyes off the cupcake.  And this was before the party started so he wasn't happy that we didn't actually let him eat the cupcake.

We actually had two "cakes" for Parker's party ~ he was turning two so it is obvious that a kid should have two cakes! We had cupcakes and then a large Chocolate Chip Cookie....which really ended up being a big circle of frosting.  It consisted of a large chocolate chip cookie then a think layer of frosting and then another chocolate chip cookie and then another layer of frosting with Elmo on the top.  Can you say SUGAR HIGH!?!?  As you can see in this picture, Parker wasted no time in sampling the frosting.  After the trick we pulled with the cupcake he wasn't going to let the cookie go without a small sample!
 Notice his cute airplane vest didn't make it to the cake pictures (blame his dad on that one!)





And exactly how old are you before it becomes unacceptable to eat your birthday cake with two hands? 

3 comments:

  1. That cake looks good! Is his little yellow/red chair by chance a Cyclone chair?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it is a ISU chair from Grandma Rita and Grandpa Ron.

    However, the cake was also yellow and red which was not a planned ISU theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have known that Grandma Rita and Grandpa Ron would have him decked out with his own ISU chair! How Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete