It is 10:30 and after 2 hours of crying Parker FINALLY went to sleep. Parker has always been a good little sleeper. His normal bedtime routine of Dave reading him a couple of books, one final drink of milk, and hugs and kisses goodnight and for the most part he would go to bed without much trouble (maybe a drink or two of chocolate milk in bed). But lately he hasn't been going to bed and waking up in the middle of the night and then won't go back to sleep. I expected sleepless nights with a baby but I am totally not prepared for them with a 2 year old! Well, tonight Dave and I made the tough parenting decision and decided to let him "cry it out". After 2 hours of loud crying it was suddenly quiet (and I must say a little peaceful). However, when Dave and I went upstairs to check on him - Parker had fallen asleep on the top step.
It was so cute I almost felt bad for making him cry the past 2 hours. Of course before Dave could carry Parker into bed - I had to grab a picture.
Let's hope tomorrow night goes better!
No comments:
Post a Comment