You may have noticed the new background ~ its in honor of my recent business trip to Austin, Texas. I have never seen so many flags – both State and American ! Seriously, Texans love to display flags. I left Friday morning and was scheduled to do a presentation both on Friday and Saturday. On Thursday night I started losing my voice. So God has a sense of humor and thought it would be funny to make me sound like I smoke 3 cartons of cigarettes a day. I feel perfectly fine but sound horrible. But I suffered through the presentations and did ok considering the circumstances. Of course Monday morning I am sure my voice will be back to normal.
On Saturday night I scored tickets to the Texas vs Wyoming football game. I have to say I am seriously considering trading in my red and gold for orange! Especially after the embarrassing performance Iowa State had against Iowa this weekend. Our tickets were even with the goal line 69 rows up (which since the Texas Stadium is ridiculously huge they were excellent seats). Everyone stands during the game (regardless where your seats are) The tailgating is amazing. The band took up the entire field and played the other schools fight song as the football team ran on the field. Overall, fantastic football atmosphere!
Of course, I missed Dave and Parker so I am glad to be home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment