Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

We made the trip south for the long 4th of July weekend.  We had a wedding shower for my cousin who currently resides in Florida.  It was a beautiful day and a lot of fun to see the aunts, uncles, and cousins (who we don't seem to see as often as we would like). 


Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the day using my camera so I can't post those.  But I do have some pictures of after the party clean-up.

Brooke was responsible for washing off all the tables


However, her aim was off and she "accidently" got Parker a little wet!
Needless to say he didn't like it very well!  
But no worries, we took off his wet clothes, and Parker threaten revenge on Brooke by showing off his muscles. (I think we need to feed this kid a few more Wheaties!)

We drove back home to Minneapolis on Monday (which was actually July 4th).  We decided to let Parker stay up past his normal 9:00 bedtime to watch the fireworks this year.

So at about 9:35 we got our chairs all set up on the deck and started watching the random fireworks that the neighborhood was setting off.

And this is what Parker looked like at about 10:05...note, it really wasn't that cold outside but the mosquitoes were biting.  We were all ready for bed - bath taken and the pajamas on that I really didn't want to spray bug spray on him so I figured the next best defense was not to have any exposed skin.  I am glad we decided to watch the Lakeville Firework display from our house.....it was a short trip to carry Parker to bed.  Maybe next year he will be able to stay awake for the entire show.

No comments:

Post a Comment