Dave’s birthday was the Saturday before Halloween, commonly referred to as October 29th on the modern day calendar. Dave is not a big cake eater and if he does have cake he likes chocolate. I like cake but only white cake. Obviously a major dilemma in the Prescott house, do I make a chocolate cake that Dave will only eat a couple of pieces and I throw the rest away or do I make a white cake in which I will eat the entire thing and gain unwanted pounds? Obviously not a good solution either way so I decided to avoid cake altogether. Parker and I made a surprise trip to Dairy Queen to get Dave his favorite ice cream treat…a Peanut Buster Parfait. I am not exactly sure how much Dave really loves them. I think he mentioned it once back in ancient times when we were “just dating”. So either I am a fantastic wife for remembering his likes and dislikes or it was just a random comment he said back when he was still trying to impress me. Either way, Dave was nice enough to share his Birthday treat with Parker.
I think Parker was worried that Dave was eating more than his fair share so he was trying to take as big of bites as he could.
O
k mom…enough with the pictures! My ice cream is melting!
k mom…enough with the pictures! My ice cream is melting!
On Sunday, we decided it time to carve pumpkins for Halloween. I bought a Halloween Pirate Mr. Potato Head that instead of carving a pumpkin you simply stick them into the pumpkin. Definitely easier and without the pumpkin gut mess. Parker had fun helping Dave strategically place the pieces.
If this picture came with sound, you would hear Parker in his best pirate voice saying….”Argh Matey”
Then we decided to go the old fashion method of carving a pumpkin. So we get all the supplies: newspapers covering the table, assortment of sharp knives, and pumpkin from the front step. I am cutting the top off the pumpkin and Parker says to me….”Mom, I am kind of tired of doing this can I go play with my toys now? SERIOUSLY?!? Come on kid, I am trying to make lifetime holiday memories with you! So no, you can’t go play with your toys you are going to stay here and help me carve a pumpkin and bye-golly we are going to have fun doing it too!!
By the time I finished carving the pumkin, Parker was long gone so we don't have a final product picture but just imagine the most professional, Martha Stewart looking pumpkin and that will give you a close idea to what our pumpkin looked like.



Ha- this made me laugh! I saw those Mr. Potato Head things for the 1st time during trick-or-treating and just went and bought a few for next year at 70% off. It looks cute and easy, just my style!
ReplyDelete